Please login to ask a follow-up ping.
No pings yet.
Roasting chestnuts takes about 20-25 minutes.
1. Preheat your (toaster) oven to 425 deg F.
2. With a small, sharp knife make "X" shaped cuts on the round side of each chestnut (just the skin, not the nut itself). This helps the steam to escape while cooking and prevents the chestnuts from exploding.
3. Place the chestnuts flat on a baking pan, then wet your fingers and gently drizzle some water over them (to help prevent the chestnuts from becoming too dry).
4. Bake in the oven for about 20 minutes total (you can turn the chestnuts over after about 10 minutes for more even roasting).
5. Cool enough to prevent burning your fingers but serve and peel while still hot (chestnuts are tough to peel when cold).
6. If not eaten immediately, keep the chestnuts warm in the oven or wrap in a cloth.
No knugs yet.